2.5m x 2.5m / 8x8ft Log Cabins
As long as you’re not intending to use your garden log cabin as a permanent residence, you shouldn’t need planning permission so long as:
- It isn’t built past the front of your house
- It’s a single-storey shed with maximum eaves height of 2.5 metres and maximum overall height of four metres with a dual pitched roof or three metres for any other roof.
- It doesn’t exceed a maximum height of 2.5 metres if it’s within two metres of a boundary
- Doesn’t exceed 50% of the area of your garden
These rules may vary depending on where you live, though, so it’s always safest to check with your local council.
As long as you think you’ll be warm enough! You’re more than welcome to sleep in your garden cabin overnight so long as you aren’t using it for permanent residential purposes without planning permission. If you plan to do so in the colder months, we’d suggest opting for a thicker (44mm) cladding option. For more, read our post on why it’s a good idea to insulate your log cabin.
Our BillyOh garden cabins are not necessarily designed to be residential. But, that doesn’t mean that with the proper planning permission, utilities, and insulation that you couldn’t convert it. For more, read up on how to install utilities to your garden building.
To fall under ‘permitted development’ (without the need for planning permission), you log cabins must not:
- Be two-storeys
- Have eaves higher than 2.5m
- Have a maximum height of 4m (dual-pitched roof) or 3m for any other roof
- Exceed a maximum height of 2.5 metres if it’s within 2m of a boundary
At Garden Buildings Direct, we offer a competitive range of log cabins to suit all needs and spaces. To show you how broad our range of BillyOh log cabins are, have a look at our 4 favourites below:
With a wide range of sizes and a strong Tongue and Groove construction in 2 thicknesses, you are guaranteed to find the perfect Dorset for your garden. The timeless design with a Reverse Apex roof and wide opening double doors and windows make this cabin a must-have.
The Pro Pent features a modern pent roof with an adaptable door position. This building boasts a range of options, including 8 sizes to make the most of your space. The building's security can also be upgraded with the thicker 28mm walls and/or pressure treatment. Complete with Floor, Roof and Felt as standard.
The new way to add storage to your garden - in style. The Pro Apex features a minimalist design with a classic apex roof and a wide opening front door that gives extra storage space and a stylish look to any garden. Complete with Floor, Roof and Felt as standard.