Annelida is the phylum associated with annelids. Annelids include any type of worm with segmentation of its body, such as leeches and earthworms. These worms often live in environments with a high level of moisture or water content, including beneath sheds and summer houses. There are some, such as the leech, that live primarily in the water and find substance from animals in the water. Scientists who study these worms should find some of the following resources helpful.
- Annelid Fossils: offers images of annelid fossils, dating back to ancient times.
- Proposing a Solution: offers a solution to the arguments over the Articulata and Ecdysozoa species.
- Arthropod Cuticle Features: details the features found in some species of arthropods.
- Diversity of Exotic Earthworms of Australia: examines the different varieties of earthworms located in Australia.
- International Polychaetology Association: an international organization devoted to the study of these creatures.
- Center for Annelid Resources: provides reference material on different types of annelids.
- A Primary of Invertebrate Biology: lists major research into annelids.
- The Annelid Fauna: showcases the research done on this subclass.
- Life History and Ecology: discusses how the annelids live and their environment.
- The Shape of Life: offers images and research into annelids.
- Polychaete Larva: covers the taxonomy of this species of annelid.
- Unidentified Polychaeta: examines the taxonomy and offers photographs of the polychaeta.
- Polychaeta Images: offers photographs of many of the different species.
- Digital Taxonomy : offers digital images of many varieties of annelids.
- Classifications of Extant Echinodermata: lists the different classifications found in this species.
- The Phylum Annelida: covers the characteristics associated with annelids.
- Phylum Annelida: shows the subclasses and the characteristics of those classes.
- Annelida: shows the characteristics of each type of annelid.
- Phylum Annelida: discusses the types of annelids found in the Smoky Mountains region.
- Worms and Leeches: offers identifying features of worms and leeches.
- Annelid: covers classification and identifiable features.
- Annelid Geographic: resources relating to annelids.
- Annelids: offers questions and answers on different types of annelids.
- Introduction to the Annelid: details basic information relating to this species.
- Earthworms: offers detailed information and photographs of earthworms.
- The Leech Lab: releases current studies and findings on leeches.
- Worm World: provides information and research on all types of worms.
- Worm Facts: gives interesting facts and findings on worms.
- Metal Sheds: the moisture under and around sheds is a breeding ground for worms.
- About Leeches: covers facts on how leeches lived throughout history.
- Leeches: an informative look at different subclasses of leeches.
Annelids are fascinating and interesting creatures. The resources provided here are meant to help those interested to gain a better understanding of their classification and habits, as well as learn more about current research into the field.